CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Peace and quiet

The carnival of delegate buses and protesters and police in riot gear is finally over. *sigh of relief* And good riddance. It was quite easy to tell who the out-of-town Repubs were: white, old, male, and sporting haircuts that scream "No way am I letting a gay man touch my hair!"
A few items to note:
According to NPR (and republished on dailykos.com), the DNC claimed to have the most diverse convention in history. So here's how the numbers stack up:
DNC:
Minority delegates: 44%
Black: 24%
Hispanic: 12%
Women: just >50%

RNC:
Black delegates: 1.5% (36 total)
Hispanic: 5%
Male: 68%
Female: 32%

Median age at either convention: 54

And here's what I thought about the little I actually saw od the RNC: Giuliani should just go away forever, Palin deserved a severe beating for her blatantly false attacks and horrible hockey mom jokes, and Cindy McCain's outfit cost 1.58 times the value of my house.

And for those of you who wonder if everything that was said in the convention speeches was based in actual truth, Politifact researches claims made on both sides. Apparently, so few things ring as absolute fact or fiction, that they have to show on a dial how true the claim actually is.

1 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Your postings always seem to amaze me! They keep me thinking and wondering what will be next! I like them!!