CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy...

Sarah, thanks for choosing me to accept this very prestigious Meme Award.  I could not have done it without my beautiful iMac, my wonderful husband, and Finnegan's Irish Amber.

And the rules are:

1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

So here are the six random facts about me:
1.  I really hate sitting in seats that other people have just gotten out of.  There is something that creeps me out about other people's butt-warmth.
2.  I think the reason that I don't like dogs is that my neighbors' giant dog Rhino used to chase me around the neighborhood.  He wasn't mean and never attacked, but it was scary to me as a kid.
3.  I try to like sushi, but the stuff with raw fish makes me gag.  I know it's not very sophisticated of me, but I can't help it!  Give me a California roll, or salmon skin, or anything.  Just not the squishy raw parts.
4.  I really like grammar.  I think it's because I completely understand the rules and finer points.  It's like a secret language that only a few can speak.  I could talk about predicate nominatives and dangling participles all day.  And yes, I confess, I ALWAYS notice other peoples' grammatical/spelling/mechanical errors.  And sometimes I do get judgmental about it. (Sorry!)
5.  In order of preference: 1.  Face-to-face communication, 2.  Email,  3. Other written correspondence, 4.  Phone.  When I was 14, you couldn't pry me away from my parents' cordless, but now it's more of an event planning device than a tool for catching up or having long talks.
6.  Since B and I have been together (which has been 9 years!), I have been all over the world without him: Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, California, Seattle, New York, and so on.  I confess that I've enjoyed it.  It's nice being out on my own, but now I'm tired of it.  I'd rather have him with me. But unless he starts getting his summers off, too, I will probably still have to do some travel alone.


Since I'm still a bit new at this, I'll tag Mike, Erin S., Erin A., and Trent.  Will they all participate?  I doubt it, but I guess them's the rules.


P.S.  Happy Belated St. Paddy's!

1 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Of course I don't hate you! The ending a sentence with a preposition rule only applies to more formal writing. It's okay in conversational prose (unless it comes out ridiculously awkward). But let's face it, sometimes prepositions are the most natural things with which to end a sentence.