CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Unveiling

So here's the newly remodeled office. It's been "done" for a while, but this is the first time I've taken pics. I say "done" because I'm sure we'll keep modifying it here and there.

Next to the computer is the print I had framed for my darling spouse for Valentine's Day. The frame perfectly matches the furniture, and the mat looks great with the other orange accents in the room. The color inspiration came from the shadow boxes B bought me for Christmas. Then he decided on the paint colors; the wall behind the computer is actually a shade darker than the other three. I think it still feels a bit empty, but it's a start.
If I had a few grand to blow on the room, I'd buy an Arne Jacobsen Egg Chair to finish out the room. Even without cash like that to spend, I still think I'd like to put in a white, modern-looking armchair.

In music news, I've got the Louis XIV concert (again) on my calendar for late March and Nada Surf for early April. Lollapalooza tickets go on sale soon, too.  It looks like I will likely make the trip to Chicago for the fourth straight year.  B and I are trying to get tickets for the sold-out Hotel Cafe Tour since our dear hometown boy, Dan Wilson, is on the tour.  Guess we'll have to keep checking Craigslist.

In travel news, if things go according to plan, I may not be in the state of MN for most of June.  I'm going to Jamaica with students for a service trip on the 7th.  Then for a week or two, it's family vacation in the Virgin Islands.  Finally, I've applied for a conference on Zora Neale Hurston in central Florida for a week at the end of June.  My suitcase is going to get a workout! And I'll have enough frequent flyer miles for another trip!

0 comments: