CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Today was my first day teaching full-time after having my student teacher. He'll still be in for the next couple days, but he's wrapping up his grades and spending time observing some other teachers. We'll see how worn down I am in a couple weeks when I have a massive stack of AP essays to grade. Oh, well. I guess that's what I signed on for when I became an English teacher.

We just got back from our annual hockey weekend in Duluth, so it was good to be back on the lake. A bunch of us still go up for a Bulldog series each winter; this time it was vs. UND. Both games were really good (tied on Friday, UMD win on Saturday), and it was nice to see some of my Duluth friends. But the funny part is that as soon as we got to our seats on Friday night, I hear "Mrs. L!" coming from behind me. Yes, it was the entire boys hockey team. About 1/2 of them are current or former students, so I had to stop by and chat with them. They were on a trip to play against Hermantown for the weekend. A couple of them did ask me where I was for the entire second period, but I did not inform them that I was at the Curling Club. :)

So now it's in for the long holiday haul... We're going up to Two Harbors Thursday and doing dinner with my family on Saturday or Sunday. This will be the first time my sister has visited in at least 3 years, so it will be good to see her. Also, I have to meet the mysterious fiance of my youngest sister, while I try to be on my best behavior.

And I think it's about time to start making boozy truffles again. Mmmmm.

1 comments:

Erin Marie said...

You'll have to call me when you're up here and maybe we can get together for coffee or something. I'd love to catch up with you!

Anyways, I do remember sneaking in drinks....Ah, memories. I've got more, but we'll leave that alone!