CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Cabin Weekend = Fun


Got back from the ever-swanky Crosslake, MN, yesterday afternoon, and I know now why this is a highlight of my summer every year. Benny's family has a cabin up there and one weekend a year we reserve it, rent a boat from Al's, drink beer, and lay out in the sun. We got the same excellent pontoon that we had last summer, complete with lots of cushy lounge seats and a "changing booth" that we use primarily for peeping on other boaters. Most of our boat-day is spent cruising around the lakes chain and hitting up the bars that have docks. Fortunately I was not the only female again this year, thanks to Nora. Listening to a bunch of guys talking nonstop about cougars and milfs can get a little old. Also fortunately, we did not get into trouble with the lake cops this year (last time it was illegal bottle rockets and bow-riding).
A few things I learned this year at the cabin:
1. I am really good at Racko. Really good.
2. Apparently, it is legal to enter a PT Cruiser in a "classic" car show.
3. Firefighters are good at roasting pigs.
4. There is some sort of fancy pontoon that looks to hold about 25 people and has a fricken' wet bar on it. I didn't even bother finding out how much it costs to rent.
5. My husband will probably never let me stop at Treasure City on the way to the cabin, no matter how much I plead.
6. Although setting up a badminton court in the middle of a sandbar sounds like a good idea, it might be a little more complicated than you'd expect.
7. Shuttlecocks float.

0 comments: