CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Summer Soundtrack

Here's what I've been listening to all summer. No Lollapalooza for me this year, so I had to get my fix of new music via the iTunes.

#1 favorite of the summer: Martha Wainwright - I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings, Too - with an album title like that, you know it's got to be good

British females: Where did they all come from? It's a good time to be a female solo artist in the UK right now, I think. Adele, Estelle, Duffy, etc. It's not bad. Especially love the Estelle track "American Boy." Think I might have to play that one really loud on the pontoon this weekend.


Weezer - Red - Can't ever get enough Rivers Cuomo. I don't think I've been in love with a musician this much since ca. 1988 when I had a huge thing for Jordan Knight.

She & Him - Volume 1 - Hollywood starlet who makes an album that doesn't suck-- a rare occasion, indeed (sorry, Scarlett).

Los Campesinos - Hold On Now, Youngster... - The hubby got me hooked on this one. Can you not love a song entitled "You! Me! Dancing!"?

Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons... - Love the hometown boys. Love this album. Almost makes me wish I was an ex-stripper living off food stamps. Okay, no, it doesn't.

0 comments: