CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Reunion

Saturday was the much-anticipated 10-year reunion for T-G, and it was definitely not what I expected.
First of all, way more people actually remembered me than I thought would, and seeing faces I haven't seen in 10 years brought back lots of memories. A big group of us headed out together so we knew that we'd have people to talk when we arrived, but before long, we had all split up to talk to everyone. There were a few people I had lost track of over the years that I was looking forward to connecting with, and they were the first ones I saw when I walked in the room! Granted, much of the conversation was along the lines of "What have you been up to the last 10 years?" but it was still fun.
For those of you CSS folks, I saw Kyle R. (since I graduated with his wife), and it was fun to reminisce about college and hear about his teaching experiences in Duluth.
It generally feels like a big part of who I was 10 years ago has been reopened, perhaps to renewed friendships; however, there are some "chapters" that have perhaps been closed now. The term closure seems cliche, but there were some questions that were definitely answered last night, and some things I won't be wondering about any more. It's a bittersweet feeling -- comforting and sad at the same time. And I never thought a high school reunion could do all that for me.

1 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I konw exactly what you mean! I hd anticpation in attending my reunion, but it was a good thing. To remember what I didn't want to remember and why. Closure is a great word!