CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Summer... almost... over?

Where did it go? My summer vacation feels like it just began. Usually around this time of year, I start remembering my favorite students and looking forward to seeing them (and my favorite coworkers) again. I have been working intensely on school stuff (graduate credits, AP curriculum, my grant for online curriculum development), and have been actually going to work to get it done, so I almost feel like I'm back to work already.

Plus, I've been waking up much earlier. My motivation: SBTB reruns on TBS at 7 and 7:30 every morning. Why do I like that show so much? It's supposed to just be a joke to love it (Oh no! Jessie is addicted to caffeine pills! What will the gang do?), but I feel disappointed if I miss an episode. I also feel disappointed that they show The College Years episodes on Friday. Yick.

But here's one more thing to look forward to: A Student Teacher. Yes, I have taken the plunge and accepted my first slave laborer. It's kind of interesting: the young man who will be working with me both graduated from my high school and my college. For some reason, he's chosen to finish up down here instead of in Duluth. My former principal is in charge of the Ed. program at the St. Paul campus, so he asked if I'd want to work with this student. How could I say no? It will be so nice not to have the massive paper load from my 2 writing-intensive courses that I'll be managing. A whole semester of freedom from essays? Heaven.

2 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Whenever I meet a new pal, I have to give them the SBTB trivia test (a la trivia games we played on the bus in IRL). When Screech asked out Lisa, she said she'd go out with him when worms had...? If you know the answer, you can be my new BFF.

Unknown said...

Oh! It's "ears," isn't it? I think it's ears!!